Paul Pollick’s Deer Lures offers 5 different proven whitetail deer urines. Each season as the fall equinox approaches and daylight hours shorten, whitetail deer are instinctively driven to check other deer urine. The scent of deer urine is inhaled through a small hole in the roof of a deer’s mouth called the vomeral nasal organ. Deer urine is scent checked in this manner for various pheromones which allow other deer to tell the approximate age, sex, general physical condition and sexual advertising content of the deer urine. Whitetail deer have the acute power of smell to accurately separate, in order of strength, multiple scents and odors of interest in deer urine and deer urine gland lures.
- Doe urine is often used as a cover scent, calming agent, and natural attractor to other deer in the area. Regular doe or buck urine contains little sexual advertising scents and pheromones. This urine is mainly used to hunt the early season pre-rut.
- Pollick’s Doe Urine & Tonquin Muskontains the correct amount of doe interdigital scent to create a compelling, natural curiosity both buck and doe eagerly follow the entire year.
- Dominant Buck Urine is collected from mature dominant buck when they rub-urinate tarsal scent pheromones from the inside hocks of their hind legs to be carried along with their urine. Tarsal gland scent in dominant buck urine is of interest to doe about to enter their in-heat or estrus mating cycle. Dominant buck urine contains both internal and tarsal gland pheromones that allow other dominant buck to know the degree of dominance and territorial aggression of the buck passing this urine.
Biologists routinely state estrogen and progesterone present in doe in heat or estrus doe urine break down rapidly in this doe urine and cannot be contained. Many knowledgeable deer urine farmers purchase buck and doe tarsal, sex and anal gland scent from me each hunting season. These powerful, natural, sexual scents are added in varying amounts to their dominant buck, doe in heat, or estrus doe urine. These natural gland pheromones ensure their deer urines will remain powerful positive attractors throughout the rutting and mating period. To counteract this lessened attraction of doe in heat or estrus doe urine after a few days, Pollick’s fortifies its urine with additional natural scent pheromones.
- Flaming Doe Urine (in estrus) contains added extracted vaginal and anal gland scents. These doe sex glands are fresh ground, tinctured, and preserved from doe showing signs of being in heat or in estrus during our Pennsylvania deer processing season.
- Pollick’s Flaming Seduction(in estrus urine) is collected in October and November when additional chemical compounds in estrus doe urine signal a doe’s breeding cycle. These additional chemical compounds will remain in this urine. This deer urine is fresh frozen, thawed before shipment, and combined with our vaginal, anal, and tarsal gland sex pheromones.
Try our flaming doe or flaming seduction doe in estrus urine and see why hunters all over the US and Canada reorder it each hunting season.
Want to hear more from Paul?
Click here for new & updated tips, articles, and write-ups that may be of interest to whitetail deer hunters.